Driving & Parking News
The 2011-2012 school year will again require all Poudre High School students driving and parking on school grounds to obtain a new parking hang tag. All students and staff at Poudre High School are required to have a parking permit visible and the number readable from a distance whenever their vehicle is on Poudre High School grounds during school hours. Poudre High School will only issue 1000 permits for 2011-2012. Due to the limited number of permits available, it is highly recommended that students carpool or ride Poudre School District buses or public transportation to campus.
To receive your new parking permit five (5) items are required:
•Colorado driver’s license •Student Identification •Copy of your current vehicle registration •Copy of your current insurance card
•Completed registration form
Parking permits will not be given out unless these five items are provided, and
ALL PAST PARKING FINES MUST BE PAID IN FULL!
Traffic rules will be posted on bulletin boards located in Poudre High School and also printed on the parking permit application. Tickets may be issued for any violation, and after 2 tickets for any violation your vehicle may be booted and you will be sent to an administrator. For safety or disciplinary reasons driving and parking privileges on Poudre School District property may be temporarily
suspended or permanently revoked.
Poudre High School is private property and any vehicle on Poudre School District property is subject to all rules and regulations set by Poudre High School and/or Poudre School District. Please refer to the Poudre School District Student Code of Conduct booklet.
If you have any concerns about parking or driving, or for a ticket you have received, please contact
a Campus Security Officer. We will work with the students to resolve any problems.
Parking permits WILL NOT be issued unless all fines are cleared! Incoming students should make sure ALL fines are paid at the junior high school they attended. Fines will be transferred with records.
Student Drop-off and Pick-up Regulations
If you are dropping your student off or picking them up, please do so in front of the building, not on the back, north side or west side near school buses. Traffic is a serious problem in the back of the school and doors are key-pad locked.
Poudre High School Traffic Rules
- All students and staff vehicles parked on school property must display a valid and current parking permit hang tag
- PSD, Police, Fire, delivery service, parents and visitor vehicles are excluded from displaying a hang tag
- Parking hang tags may be obtained by contacting a Campus Security Officer
- Parking permit number must visible and readable from a distance when displaying hang tag
- Parking permits may not be transferred from one student to another
- Only 1 parking permit/hang tag is allowed per student
- Falsification or deception on the parking application will result in driving and parking privileges on campus being revoked permanently
- Campus Security must be notified if parking tag is lost, and a new permit must be purchased
- Campus Security must be notified if there is a change of vehicles
- Parking hang tags must be returned if student is no longer enrolled at Poudre High School
- Speed limit at Poudre High School is 10 MPH
- Moving another vehicle to cause a violation will result in privileges suspended or revoked
- Anyone found to be involved in a “hit and run” will have driving and parking privileges revoked
- Vehicles will be booted if fines are not paid within 1 month
- A $30 fee will be assessed when a vehicle is booted
NO loitering in lots during school hours NO student parking in the Visitor’s Lot
NO student parking or driving through the Staff Lot NO parking in the bus lane or oval
NO parking taking 2 spaces or across lines NO parking on the curb
NO parking in stripes at the end of rows NO parking on the sidewalk
NO parking on the grass NO parking or driving on snow piles
NO parking in the handicapped spaces without proper permit NO burn outs or squealing of tires
NO student parking in the Support Services Complex lot or driving shortcuts to avoid traffic
Tickets may be issued upon any violation. After 2 tickets for any offense, your vehicle will be booted and you will be sent to an administrator to make arrangements for release. All fines must be paid to remove the boot from your vehicle. Tickets may be
issued by the Campus Security Officer, which will result in a fine or loss of points on your drivers license, if the School Resource Officer (SRO) becomes involved.
Driving and parking privileges on Poudre School District property
may be temporarily or permanently suspended for any violation at any time.