Every student engaged in Technology Education at Poudre High School has the opportunity to expand their knowledge and skill set by exploring real-world challenges. Students practice their problem-solving and sharpen their design skills by building innovative solutions through project-based learning. We focus on the following areas:
- Safety: students will practice the safe, productive use of tools and equipment within a team-building environment.
- Real Tools: students will use real tools, real materials, and real machinery - not just simulations – to build real products. This includes a variety of woodworking, construction, and metalworking processes.
- Design Cycle: students will investigate, design, plan, create, and evaluate their own work.
- Computer Aided Design/Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAD/CAM): students will practice CAD to drive 3D-printers, computer-controlled laser cutting, and computer-controlled machining.
- Coding/Programing: students learn to use computers to manipulate machinery.
- Robotics/Electronics: Electronic automation is driving the next round of technological innovation and disruption. Our students will be prepared to participate.
- Career Exploration: we partner with local businesses to understand the employment needs of our region, and to help students explore the wide array of careers available to them.
Department Leader: John Weissman